Breaking News

Oasis' Noel Gallagher Aids And Abets The Killers




















U2 frontman Bono has such a penchant for giving career advice to up-and-coming bands, there's a name for it: the 'Bono Talk.' Now, Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher appears to be cutting in on the Irishman's turf, having helped the Killers overcome their nerves during the writing of their second album, 'Sam's Town.'

"I talked to Noel about it," singer Brandon Flowers tells AOL. "I was really afraid before I went into the studio. He brought up that he already had [Oasis'] second album written when they went in to make it. He was just a machine."

Flowers, a longtime fan, relished the encouragement. "I kind of immersed myself in it," he says. "We stayed for 14 hours every day. I never worked so hard at anything in my life.

"They talk about the sophomore slump, and I really feel for bands that go through it, because there is a lot of pressure if you've had any success."

The experience taught Flowers a lesson he now passes on. "As soon as we finished 'Hot Fuss,' we were thinking about this album. That's one bit of advice I would give to anybody -- no matter how great you think you're doing, you can be doing better."

Source: www.aolmusicnewsblog.com

No comments