Breaking News

Liam Interview From 'Now' Magazine
















I still get plastered, just not all the time!

Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher still loves the odd bender and scrap with paparazzi, but the wild man of rock'n'roll insists that he's now enjoying family life with his boys and missus, All Saints' Nicole Appleton.

Are you still up for a fight with the paparazzi?

Nah, I've calmed down. But it depends how close they get to me; if they're in my f***ing space then they're going to get a dig. Sometimes they come up and take the piss and that's when I react.

Has being a dad calmed you down?

I suppose so, but not too much. I don't go out as much as I used to because I'm in with my kids and missus and get a buzz off them. But when I do go out I still have a f***ing good time. We don't go out and say: 'Hey, man, we're dads so we're gonna take it easy!' We still go boozing for a couple of days, drink f***ing anything - Guinness, larger, champagne, wine, sambuca - and get high, get plastered. But we're not out on the piss all the time, like we used to be, because there are little people involved now.

How wild did things get when you first made it?

You know what, I can't remember much about that f***ing whole thing, I was very, very drunk alot of the time. It was a wild as you could imagine.

Is music still your biggest passion?

Music's big, but it's no good if you're going to sniff it. So my health, my kids' health, my missus, my mates and my happiness are the most important things now. Then it's music.

Some might say it's not very rock'n'roll to put your kids and missus before your music...

Well, I don't give a f***what anyone thinks. I'll tell you what's wrong: to not put them first. I love hanging out with the kids taking them swimming. And just me a Nic going to dinner or going on holiday together.

So it's going well with Nic?

Yeah, man, of course it is. It's f***ing paradise because she's my baby.

Are you and Nic ever going to tie the knot?

One day, but I'm not gonna go round telling everyone when I do! Hey, we might have already tied the knot, if you know what I mean.

Didn't you say: 'If you want to see the opposite sex sprout four heads, just exchange rings'?

Yeah, but that was just me having a dig at the ex-wife!

What do you think of All Saints reuniting?

I think it's cool. They've just done an album and it sounds great. I was a fan of them before because they were the coolest girl band around. They weren't like all the other girl bands, with their arms around each other, saying: 'Ooh, we love each other', when it was obvious they didn't. They told it like it was - one of you's a c*** and the other one's a bitch! It was refreshing and that's what makes them different.

Is it hard for you and Nic to juggle work and the kids now?

Yeah, now that Nic's back at work she's gasping. We've just got a nanny to help us with Gene [five]. It helps that the eldest [Lennon, seven] is at school, too. We've also got a lady who takes him to school and picks him up.

It sounds like things are pretty cushy for you. Are you abit of a lazybones?

Am I lazy? I'm not f***ing lazy I'm up at seven o'clock every morning - up first and last to bed! I'm not a workaholic , though. Noel's a workaholic; he'll do 18 hours of f***ing graft a day! But then he gets paid more than me, so why f***ing not, eh? Before I had kids I'd stay in bed 'till midday, but now I'm out the door well before that. Even when I'm hungover and I'd like to stay in bed, I just can't sleep! I can come in at 6am and still be up at 8 o'clock, so I'm definately not f***ing lazy.

Has having kids changed the way you see the world?

You get a totally different sense of the world with kids. When you're walking down the road holding their hands, they're just looking around at everything. It makes you stop and look, too, and you start seeing thnigs all over again because you sort of become a kid yourself.

Will your greatest hits album Stop The Clocks be the last for Oasis?

This is just a pause. It's the end of our current record deal, but hopefully we'll get a new deal and crack on. As far as I am concerned, there's plenty more music left in us. I just want to keep making f***ing great Oasis records. I don't think we've made our best album yet. We're gonna do it and it's gonna blow everyone's f***ing face off, you know what I mean? Even the doubters are just gonna go: 'F*** it, man, hands up for that one.' So I think that one's coming soon - our genius record.

Do you have any regrets?

Not really. I'd do it all the f***ing same. I've got two beautiful kids, I've got f***ing money in the bank, I've got a nice house, got a nice missus, my mum and brothers are f***ing happy... It could be worse couldn't it? Even the ex-missus if f***ing coming around, so life's good.

Source: 'Now' magazine

No comments