Breaking News

Inside My Head




















Noel Gallagher Oasis

Treasured Track

The La's
Looking Glass

(From the album ' The La's', 1990, Go! Discs)

"Does it have to be just one track? I treasure the whole of The La's album, but if I have to pick one track, then it's 'Looking Glass'. We met (singer) Lee Mavers in japan last year and I was asking if he'd make a new record and he said, 'yeah, we're recording the first one'. It's like, 'come on man, let it go!' it's a seminal record. I don't give a f**k whether he likes it. It's an amazing record.

My Hero

John Lennon

"A f**king great songwriter. He took risks - listen to 'My Lie' or 'Revolution'. McCartney was too safe; Lennon would never write 'Yesterday' or 'When I'm 64' -they're too soft. There's been no-one as gifted as him since."

My Week's Playlist

01. The Gossip - Standing In The Way Of Control
"I can't turn the radio on without hearing this song. I think I must have heard it three times today already!"

02. The View - Same Jeans
"I've got the album at home and I'm yet to listen to it, but they've got that spirit and that touch of the people. I love 'Superstar Tradesman' and 'Wasted Little DJ's' too."

03. The Good, The Bad & The Queen - The Good, The Bad & The Queen
"I love the bit at the end when it goes crazy. Ther's some nice passages of music on this."

04. Kings Of Leon - Molly's Chamber
"I've been listening to thier older stuff to get ready for their return this month. I'm really looking forward to seeing them play live. And this is a great tune."

05. Klaxons - Golden Skans
"They think I hate them but I like this one. We were at the Ibiza Rocks festival last summer and I got dragged in to see them and I was just like, 'what the f**k was all that about?' But I do like that tune!"

And Another Thing

The God Delusion

"This guy goes out to scientifically disprove the existence of god. F**king brilliant, if you can understand the words. Not that I can. It's good though. I don't read fiction, you end up thinking, 'Yeah but that wouldn't happen, bollocks'. I read books about actual things that happened. And if it's disproving god, bring it on."

Source: NME Magazine

No comments