Breaking News

Last Time I Went To Wembley I Didn't Play.. Oasis Did















Some Might Say David Bentley should be with the full England squad rather than making history with the Under-21s at the new Wembley.

But the Blackburn player will not Look Back In Anger as his only visit to the last Wembley brings back some Wonderwall memories.

"The only time I went to the old Wembley was for a concert to watch Oasis," he said. "It was a brilliant day out. I was right at the front, going for it and I looked back and there was just a swarm of 100,000 people who loved it.

"I got right to the front because my mate's dad is manager of Paul Weller and that was a great experience because I was 14 or 15.

"Funnily enough, I'm going to see Noel Gallagher next week doing an acoustic set in Manchester.

"But playing at the new Wembley in the first proper game there will be a dream come true for me and I hope I'll be going back a bit more often."

Bentley has been in terrific form this season and his performances have led to calls for him to be promoted to the senior England squad.

Source: www.mirror.co.uk

No comments