Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: 'Solo Album Is Coming'












The Oasis man tells NME about all his recording plans

Oasis mainman Noel Gallagher has confirmed that he already has song earmarked for a solo album.

Speaking in the new issue of NME, Gallagher said that following his recent solo concert appearances he was making tentative steps towards a solo project.

He said: "I've actually got a backlog of songs that are slowly building up. The thing about a solo record is the time to do one is between Oasis world tours because you'd have a good couple of years.

"But it takes me so long to write the songs that eventually I run out of time (before Oasis begins again), but I've got a backlog now of about four or five songs which are probably too far in the past as far as the band in concerned, but which could work on my record... it's coming."

Gallagher also said that Oasis have already written most of the follow up to 2005's 'Don't Believe The Truth'.

He explained: "The next one in theory is already fucking written. I've got eight songs that I'm pretty happy with. I think Liam's got one or two that he thinks are brilliant. We're waiting for Gem and Andy. It's just a case of sitting down and saying, 'When do we want to do this?'"

Source: www.nme.com

No comments