Breaking News

'7 Ages Of Rock' Covers Indie



















Noel Gallagher, lead guitarist of the British band Oasis, says he picked up the guitar because of the Manchester band The Smiths.

Gallagher said that after seeing The Smiths on television, he decided to learn to play the instrument, NME.com reported.

"I remember seeing The Smiths on 'Top of the Pops,' and I don't mean this in a sycophantic way, but I wanted to be (Smiths guitarist) Johnny Marr," he said. "He had the Brian Jones haircut, the turtleneck, and the big red semi-acoustic guitar and he was cool."

Gallagher made the comment on the BBC's "7 Ages of Rock," which will recount the rise of Blur, Suede, The Stone Roses and The Libertines, as well as document Oasis' famous Knebworth gigs.

"Knebworth House is Batman's house in the films. Did you know that? Well, when you see the Batman films and they drive through the big gates, well that's Knebworth House," he said. "So there I was driving into Batman's gaff right, in a Rolls Royce, off my head. And I remember driving into this big field, and sitting on my Rolls Royce thinking I was Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock, and nearly having a panic attack (because) I'd been up all night drinking, and going yeah! I'll take it. Where do I sign?"

Source: www.earthtimes.org

No comments