Breaking News

Jay-Z Says He'd Be Open To Working With Noel Gallagher And Oasis




















Jay-Z has had tremendous success during his tour of Europe, bowling over fans with a slew of festival appearances, including his historic appearance at England's Glastonbury Festival on Saturday.

"Well, I'm pretty much now in a great place, I'm in the zone," Sir Hova of Brooklyn told MTV Base this week. "Glastonbury was a historic event for me, I played Milton Keynes the day after that and it's just ... You know, I'm feeling the love. Any time you can come from where I come from - Brooklyn, New York, everybody knows the story - [and] come so far. It's not that it's that far, but to come overseas and have people embrace you the way I've been embraced thus far, it's just an amazing feeling."

One person who obviously didn't share the fans' feelings was Oasis' Noel Gallagher, who was a much-publicized critic of having a rapper headline the traditionally rock-centric Glastonbury fest. Maybe Gallagher's stance has softened in the wake of Jay's acclaimed performance - Jay told us he's heard the guitarist wants to have a conversation.

"I haven't spoken to him," Jay said. "I heard he was reaching out, but I haven't spoken to him."

Jay even said he's open to working with Oasis in the future should something suitable come up. "Anyone," he answered, when asked about who he'd be willing to work with. "Oasis as well - it doesn't matter to me, I don't bear any grudge, it's all good. I just believe in good music and bad music, I've always said that. You look at any interview from the beginning of time, I've always stated that I don't believe in the lines and classifications that people put music in so they can easily define it."

Source: www.mtv.ca

No comments