Breaking News

Fans Line Up To Buy Tickets For Oasis In Aberdeen














Mad for it Oasis fans queued through the night to get their hands on tickets for their heroes long awaited return to Aberdeen.

The Gallagher brothers will be making their fourth trip to the North-east this autumn.

Oasis will play two nights at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre on November 1 and 2.

The scramble for the 17,000 tickets began this morning at 9am.

No more than 500 tickets for each night were available to buy at the venue.

Thousands of other fans were expected to book via the internet or by phone.

Both gigs were expected to sell out in minutes.

One fan was so desperate to get his hands on tickets that he started queuing 24 hours before they were due to go on sale.

Kevin Munro, 26, from Bridge of Don has been a fan of the group since they first shot to stardom. The Liam Gallagher look-alike, who is unemployed, wasn’t taking any chances on missing out on the big gigs and was first in the queue. He said: “This is the fourth time I’ve been to see Oasis here. I’m 110% mad for it. They’re the only band I’m into. I’d sit out in hailstones rain, thunder for my group. I was even going to come down here on Monday to make sure I got tickets. They’re the best rock and roll band in the world.”

Daniel Eager, 16, from Tillydrone started queuing at 5pm last night. The St Machar Academy sixth year pupil is taking today off school after queuing all night. He said: “I’ve been to see them twice before and I thought they were brilliant. They’re my favourite band as well. It’s well worth coming out overnight. I’ve been to see 50 Cent and the Kaiser Chiefs here, but Oasis top them.”

Kerry Sneddon, 27, drove up from Dundee to see her rock idols play in Aberdeen. The medical student started queuing at 2pm yesterday. She said: “I’ve seen them six times before. This is the only way I was guaranteed to get tickets. There are very few fans who have the longevity of Oasis. There are very few bands that have the X factor. They have it and it’s not manufactured.”

Source: www.eveningexpress.co.uk

No comments