Breaking News

Metallica Inspired To Give Up Cocaine By Oasis




















Lars Ulrich quits drug with Noel Gallagher's help

Metallica's Lars Ulrich used Noel Gallagher as an inspiration to give up cocaine.

The drummer set he decided to quit the drug a few years ago, and took the Oasis guitarist as an inspiration.

"A couple of years ago I was like, 'You know? Enough of this. I don't need it'. It was literally something that happened one morning, like 'Y'know? Fuck that'," he told The Quietus.com.

He added: "I was very impressed with Noel Gallagher. As you know, I'm an Oasis fanatic, and Noel was like [adopts Mancunian accent] 'You know what? No more cocaine!' (Gallagher quit in 1998) and I thought, 'If he can do it, everybody else can do it'.

"I had my fun with it, it was always more of a social thing. We were never like rolling around and spending days in bathroom stalls, and peeking out the keyholes of doors for days."

Source: www.nme.com

Click here to vote for us at the BT Music Awards.

No comments