Breaking News

Oasis A Bit Too British















Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne doesn’t understand the appeal of British bands like Oasis and Arctic Monkeys.

The American rocker, 47, who is in the UK to promote his band’s sci-fi film Christmas On Mars, doesn’t feel his countrymen can relate to the northern lads.

He told me: “I’ve never got Arctic Monkeys – they seem too much like a British thing to me.

“They’re like Oasis whereby Americans can’t really relate to them.

“Lots of British people like it but not for me, and I don’t like Razorlight or Duffy much either.

“I prefer Radiohead – they deserve to win a Grammy.

“And I’m still a fan of Amy Winehouse but hope she doesn’t become too much of a drug addict.”

Christmas On Mars premieres at the Barbican in London tomorrow.

Source: www.dailystar.co.uk

No comments