Breaking News

Tony McCarroll Spills The Beans On His Acrimonious Split From The Gallaghers



Former Oasis Drummer Tony McCarroll has just released a book about his time in the band, which is simply called Oasis: The Truth.

Tony's notoriously acrimonious split from the band in 1995 resulted in a legal battle over payment and in his book he reveals more about that and the band's rise to fame.

But the most prominent storyline is his troubled relationship with Noel Gallagher.

"The reason I wrote the book in the first place was because of 'Noel Gallagher-isms,'" he told 6 Music. "You know, his one-liners.

"I felt it was about time that I stuck up for myself. There was a bit of bad press out there and I thought, 'right, I'm going to put my side of the story across.'"

The memoirs aren't likely to build any bridges between McCarroll and the Gallaghers - but he says he never expected that.

"I'd be absolutely shocked if there was any kind of reconciliation," he said. "It's the way Noel is. Once you've crossed him, it's hard to go back."

Source: BBC Radio 6 Music

Click here to win a Black Denim Long Western Jacket from Pretty Green.

3 comments

matt said...

no dear BBC, he changed the title of his book...

Anonymous said...

What a miserable cunt.

Anonymous said...

Think you might find that Noel's legal team made that change....