Breaking News

Rhys Ifans Lined Up For New Biopic Of Oasis Svengali Alan McGee




















Former Oasis manager and Creation records boss Alan McGee is in talks about a movie based on his life - with Rhys Ifans playing the lead role.

And Glasgow-born McGee, who also brought us The Jesus And Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine and Primal Scream, is so keen to get the project off the ground that he gave up the chance to tour with his proteges and pals Glasvegas.

McGee is already the star of documentary film Upside Down: the Creation Records Story, which will have its Scots premiere on February 22.

He's now revealed to the Razz that he has other bigscreen projects in the pipeline.

McGee, 50, explained: "James from Glasvegas wanted me to come out on tour this week but I've got to go to London for a big film meeting.

"It's a really weird time as people seems to have come out of a depression and the big film guy I'm meeting is a good guy.

"He's good for a laugh and is interested in talking to me about making a feature film about Creation.

"It's a film about some lunatic who runs a label that ends up making millions of pounds.

"Actually there are two movie ideas - a druggie one and one that's more serious. Maybe we can make one that combines both."

Alan, who said he would love to get Mr Nice star Ifans to play him, was in Scotland yesterday to film a cameo role in a new music video for the Scots band Cousti.

In the video for their country rock song Sweetest Tunes, he can be seen playing the mandolin, a la John Peel in Rod Stewart's classic Maggie May.

Alan said: "It was fun - the weirdest thing was I realised I've made about 300 videos in my life and I don't think I've ever been in one playing an instrument before."

Alan, who these days spends most of his time with his family in Wales, also missed out on catching up with Liam Gallagher when he visited his Glasgow clothes shop, Pretty Green, last week.

After Liam claimed McGee was wrong to believe Oasis would re-form, he said: "Maybe I am wrong.

"From a fan point of view, I'd love to see them back."

He added: "Liam also said that Noel was making music for 50-year-olds but I don't have a problem with t hat as I am 50. "Noel is making for 21-year-olds and 70-year-olds too."

Source: www.dailyrecord.co.uk

No comments