Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Tells Wishaw Oasis Fan: Be Here Now















A Diehard Oasis fan from Craigneuk realised The Importance of Being Idle after he queued for three hours to meet his hero Liam Gallagher and was rewarded with a one-on-one conversation at the rock idol’s Glasgow hotel.

Some Might Say that 32-year-old Frankie McComville’s dream of meeting the singer was still Half The World Away after a lengthy wait to meet Gallagher appeared to have ended in failure.

Frankie was queuing outside Gallagher’s new Pretty Green clothing boutique in Glasgow when it was officially opened by the Britpop icon but was left asking What’s The Story (Morning Glory)? as security staff were only letting official fan club members in to meet Liam.

Knowing that he’s hardly going to Live Forever, Frankie was left irate by the decision to deny him the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet the Oasis and Beady Eye frontman, so he got back in touch with the shop to Go Let It Out and tell them exactly what he thought.

Frankie said: “I was the first one in the queue early in the morning but as I was waiting another queue started forming with people who had been emailed to go in for a meet-and-greet but I never knew anything about that.

“Loads of people then joined my queue who hadn’t been emailed like me, with none of us getting in, so I rolled down to Pretty Green later and complained all about it, telling the guy what I was wearing that day and he said he remembered me waiting for three hours.

“He told me he was very sorry but it was the police who’d put the block on people. So he told me that when Liam came up last week to play the Barrowlands he’d definitely get him to meet me.”

Fortunately for Frankie, it wasn’t a case of Definitely Maybe.

“I was always going to the concert on Thursday so went along and I hadn’t heard anything so just thought it had all fallen through,” he said.

“Then on Friday the guy phoned me and asked me to go to the hotel on the outskirts of Glasgow where Liam was staying.

“I got there for 7.30 and sure enough the guy from Pretty Green was there. Then Liam came down the stairs and was just brand new with us.

“He stood speaking to us for 20 minutes. He was absolutely brilliant.

“He asked me if I liked the new Beady Eye stuff and I told him I’ve got the album and can’t stop listening to it.

“I then asked him about a lot of the Oasis stuff and talked to him about the clothing range at Pretty Green. I also asked why he chose Glasgow to start with over Manchester and he said it just had to be Glasgow – it’s like a second home to him and he prefers it to Manchester.

“He then signed my Definitely Maybe and Beady Eye CDs and put me onto the guest list for Beady Eye on the Friday night too!”

At Friday’s concert, Frankie was treated to the VIP experience, sitting in Glasgow’s famous live music venue beside top comedian Kevin Bridges.

“The gig was unbelievable. Beady Eye sounded brilliant,” said Frankie.

“It took me 16 years to meet Liam. I’ve been into Oasis since they started and always wanted to meet him. I couldn’t believe how relaxed he was and I was taken aback by how happy he was to speak to me for such a long time.

“It was a dream come true and he couldn’t have been nicer.”

Source: www.wishawpress.co.uk

Visit my newly launched Beady Eye fan site www.standingontheedgeofthenoise.com by clicking here.

2 comments

Anonymous said...

awwww bless, was the guy from pretty green jimmy saville?...... jim will fix it for yoouu and youuu and yooooouuu

Anonymous said...

Haha! Jim will fix it! Classic!