Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Talks Pretty Green, Noel And More














The man with the fringe talks to Hannah Nathanson about competing with his brother and having his first drink in five months

How did you celebrate Man City winning the FA Cup?

Oh, man, that was good. I hadn't had a drink for five months and I had a little drink that day and then went back to celebrate at my house. We didn't go mad or anything but I'm still buzzing. It was a long time coming.

Has Noel listened to your new band?

I'm sure he's had a listen. I don't think he's got Beady Eye on his iPod and he probably doesn't listen to it daily, but he's a music lover and Different Gear, Still Speeding is a top-notch album.

Will you listen to his new solo album?

Definitely. I want to see if it's as good as the ones I sang on.

Do you feel pressure to escape the Oasis legacy?

No, I'll always be Oasis, it's in my veins. I'm never going to get away from it and I don't want to get away but I'm not doing it any more. You'd go mad if you had to explain yourself every time someone said, 'Are you from Oasis?' It's easier just to say, 'Yeah, that's me.' I like the same music now that I liked then. I've no reason to escape from it because I'm very proud of it.

Why did you start a fashion label?

I just like clothes, I always have. I wouldn't call myself a fashion designer, though. When I first saw our shop in Carnaby Street I thought, 'This is f***ing cool, this will do.' There's a lot of history there, it's where The Stones and The Who bought their clothes.

OK, but how much do you actually do?

I have my little take on it every now and again but there's a big team around me. I put my ideas across and then they're... expanded.

Who has the final say on an item of clothing?

I try it on and if it makes me feel good and gives me a kick then it goes in and if it doesn't, it goes in the bin. I go through everything with a fine-tooth comb.

Who would you choose as a brand ambassador?

There's no one better than me. I wouldn't mind getting a bit of Pretty Green on the Queen, though. She's still got a spring in her step.

Why the name Pretty Green?

It's an old Jam song. I wouldn't have called it Liam Gallagher. We tried that in the 1990s with a shoe collection but it's just f***ing stupid.

Do the other members of Beady Eye wear it?

There's no gun to their head forcing them to, but they seem to like it, which is good.

Source: thisislondon.co.uk

1 comment

Anonymous said...

He's doing well. Self-discipline is difficult.