Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: ‘I’m Not a Guitarist, I’m a Songwriter’













Ex-Oasis kingpin Noel Gallagher has spoken about his forthcoming solo album, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds.

Interviewed by the U.K.’s Mojo magazine, Noel also lifts the lid on the physical battles with singer/brother Liam that split Oasis in 2009.

“There was a bit of kung-fu,” says Noel, who says the band finally split when Liam threw a plum (yes, the soft fruit) and then swung a guitar at Noel’s head. “It could have taken my face off,” says Noel, “so I may have smashed it to bits.”

Of his High Flying Birds album, due in October, Noel Gallagher says he hasn’t tried to write songs any differently. “I never think about how a song compares to other stuff, as long as I’m getting across what I’m trying to. Singers think about what they’re singing. I’m not a singer. Guitarists think about what they’re playing. I’m not a guitarist… I’m a songwriter.

“That’s actually the biggest change. I don’t have to tell someone what the song’s about. In that sense, it’s easier.”

Noel Gallagher also talked about his first solo single, “People Who Will Be (The Death of You and Me).”

“People think it was a conscious decision to say: ‘Right, I’m going to do something different.’ But this is just what came out. It’s my favorite song on the album because when the brass kicks in you are in New Orleans.”

Source: www.gibson.com

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Please do not sing, if you are not a singer!