Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Misses Gem Archer













Noel Gallagher misses working with Gem Archer but says he'll only fully realise his Oasis bandmates are not with him anymore when he goes on the road.

Noel Gallagher will only realise he is not with his Oasis bandmates anymore when he goes on the road.

The guitarist quit the group in August 2009 due to tensions with his brother Liam - who went on to form Beady Eye with the other members of Oasis, Gem Archer, Chris Sharrock and Andy Bell - and particularly misses working with Gem, but says the actuality of the split still hasn't hit him.

Noel - who is now fronting Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - said: "I miss Gem. We used to be a f***ing great team, we did all my demos together. He's a brilliant guitarist and bass player and if anything was unfinished he would say, 'We can make this better'.

"It's only going to dawn on me that the others aren't there when I'm standing in the corridor waiting to go on for the first gig. Then you might feel it.

"I haven't done a gig without Gem for how long, that will be weird."

Gem joined Oasis as rhythm guitarist in 1999 and played with the band until their split in 2009.

Liam has since been very vocal about the fact their split is final, and didn't even attend Noel's wedding.

He has said of Noel: "Him and me are over and done with. This is the real deal.

"I'd like to think we grow up to be friends later on but I've no time for that just yet. The way I view Oasis now is that's it like having a child from a previous relationship."

Source: www.contactmusic.com

3 comments

Anonymous said...

Noel, don't disturb Liam and his mates any more, they are going their new way now. Shut up and do your own things.

Anonymous said...

noel can do as he pleases.

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was very telling that Gem didn't leave with Noel at the time of the split.
It's always made me feel that Noel was in the wrong.
I hope Gem won't be tempted to leave B.E. in the future.
~o.z.