Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Supporting The Stone Roses In Manchester













Noel Gallagher has been questioned if he will be performing as a warm up act for The Stone Roses for their shows this summer at Heaton Park in Manchester?

The songwriter said "Unequivocally no - I'm in America when it happens, actually. But I have no doubt in my mind that with it being festival season and everything, our paths will most certainly cross. I'm a bit gutted I won't be there to witness it, actually, but there you go. I'm busy. But I suppose with the wonders of modern technology, I will be watching people put it up on YouTube as it happens."

When questioned by the current edition of the NME, how important is that reunion to you?

He replied "Well, I'm glad The Stone Roses are doing it because they'll get f**king paid for it, you know? For me, personally, I wouldn't be sat here talking to you if it wasn't for them. Or The Smiths. Or Paul Weller. So good luck to 'em - good luck to 'em all."

Last year Noel's brother Liam touted his band Beady Eye as potential support act for The Stone Roses comeback shows in Manchester.

The singer told the NME "Without a doubt (I'd support them). I'd sell hot dogs. Without a f**king doubt, I'd f**king love to. It's their gig, they can do what the f**k they want - but with these gigs they should put on a load of bands, man.

"Because there's nothing better than someone playing really good before you come on because it gives you a f**king kick, you know what I mean. If you're on with a load of DJs, well, I'm sure they'll be up for it, but you need a couple of great bands with great singers, having it, and then by the end of the night, it's just f**king on."

No comments