Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On Being Voted The Greatest Frontman Of All Time













Xfm's Steve Harris called up Liam Gallagher to present him with the news that he had won XFM's The Greatest Frontman Of All Time. Not surprisingly, he thought it was the right result.

"Greatest frontman? I knew that anyway! There's not many of us about. There are a lot of pretenders out there. But I'd like to thank everybody for voting and stuff. Nice one."

Asked if he ever entertained the thought of being a guitarist or other sideman, Liam said: "I don't think I could handle the bass guitar, but I could see myself down the line on guitar and I can see myself smashing the kit up. But but singing is all I can do. It's always been about the vocal for me, man. If you're a good looking fucker like me, you've got to be down the front, haven't you?"

And how did Liam come up with his trademark hands-behind-the-back stance? "If I hold the microphone stand, I feel a bit weak and a bit singerish," he explained. "But when I put my hands behind my back I feel more power… it feels like it's going to go off at any minute.

No comments