Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Stopped At Coachella Over Pill Stash‎













There was a security nightmare for Noel G when Coachella staff kicked off over his Sleeping Pills.

The former Oasis star was stopped and searched three times on his way into the festival near Palm Springs, California, on Saturday.

And the jobsworth officials were unimpressed when they pulled a bag of 30 white and yellow pills from his backpack.

Noel explained: “We got body-searched coming in. It was like an airport.

“It is me, I suppose, so they might know the history.

“They pulled out my sleeping tablets and asked me to explain them.

“There were about 30 little yellow and white tablets.

“I said, ‘In all seriousness Chuck, or whatever your name is, do you not think these would at least be down my sock? They are sleeping tablets.

“ ‘What do you want me to do? Take one before I go on stage to prove what they are?’”

It wasn’t the only problem globetrotter Noel has encountered on his travels. He was rattled by an earthquake after playing a gig in Mexico last week.

I bumped into the High Flying Birds at Coachella, not far from earthquake central — the San Andreas Fault.

Speaking in his Winnebago backstage, he said: “We were involved in a proper earthquake the day before yesterday.

“I was doing an interview and they asked me if I would say ‘come to Mexico on holiday’ because they have all these problems with people getting their heads cut off by gangs and loads of crime.

“I was trying to wriggle out of it and the lamps they brought into the room started swaying.

“I had been out the night before and just brushed it off thinking it was a bit weird.

“You know... we had been enjoying ourselves a bit.

“The cameraman just stopped and said really calmly, ‘We better go, there is an earthquake’.

“It was like being on a ship. We had to do a runner. The buildings were swaying.

“It was 6.4 on the Richter scale.

“We were all over the place walking out to the car park.

“I was stood there thinking, ‘This is brilliant’, as the whole place wobbled about. The locals were really laid back about it, sparking up fags and talking. But it was pretty hairy.”

Noel also talked about Manchester City’s race for the title, The Stone Roses, how he copes with being away from his kids on tour — and his old pal the previous King of Tonga, RIP.

To hear Gordon Smart's full interview with Noel Gallagher, plus chats with Kasabian, The Vaccines and The Black Keys download the Smart On Sunday Xfm podcast from iTunes.

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments