Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Has Opened The Door For An Oasis Reunion













Noel Gallagher has opened the door for an Oasis reunion after saying: “If the Stone Roses can do it, then anyone can do it.”

The 45-year-old singer claimed only two months ago that he would not reunite with brother Liam “even if all the starving children in the world depended on it”.

But he now appears to have mellowed to the idea. In an exclusive interview with the Standard in which he unveiled the line-up for this year’s Teenage Cancer Trust gigs, he said: “I can understand the man in the street thinking, ‘That was such a huge thing, how can you walk away from it?’ I understand. When the Sex Pistols reformed I thought it was the greatest thing of all time.

“You can never predict what you’ll be doing in 20 years’ time, but I guess if everyone remains vaguely slim and has not gone bald, then it’s on the cards. Forever.

“But saying that, when I pick up a guitar I don’t think about an Oasis reunion. I’ve recently seen [guitarist] Gem [Archer], and Liam, and [drummer] Chris [Sharrock], and not one of them mentioned it.”

Gallagher is now taking a break from music and has taken up the mantle of curator of the TCT’s annual fundraising shows from The Who singer Roger Daltrey.

He said: “It’s not something I ever envisaged myself doing. But if I can help, I will help. I don’t know why it is, I never used to get asked to do f*** all in Oasis. Now, f****** hell! If I did everything I was asked to I would have an MBE. No question.

“I lost two uncles to cancer a few years back. It affects everyone. It’s the one thing that you hope science could sort out instead of, do we need to be sending robots to Mars? Do we need to be building bigger guns and bombs?”

Gallagher has produced a top line-up for the shows at the Royal Albert Hall in March. Performers will include Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon, Kasabian, Primal Scream and comedy stars Russell Brand and Noel Fielding.

Securing the artists was no mean feat. Gallagher added: “It’s funny, all the people that you think are gobshites and are the enemies of the Daily Mail, they’re the first people to say yes. Without a pause, Russell said yes. The people that you think are upstanding citizens, they’re the ones who wriggle out of it because they can’t be arsed.”

Source: www.standard.co.uk

1 comment

Anonymous said...

one word: LUDICROUS.
Stop fooling around Oasis fans