Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: I Want To Play Tender With Blur












Noel Gallagher is curating next year's Teenage Cancer Trust shows at the Royal Albert Hall and has told Xfm we might see him on stage with former Britpop rivals Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon from Blur.

It's the first time anyone other than Roger Daultrey has looked after the line-up for the annual charity event - for which Xfm is once again the exclusive radio partner.

Kasabian, Primal Scream and Ryan Adams have all been chosen by the former Oasis man for the series of shows next March but most notably - Noel himself is playing March 23 with Damon and Graham also on the bill for the same night.

Speaking to Xfm's Dan O'Connell Noel explained that he was after Oasis' former enemies Blur for the bill.

"They were one of the first people that I asked - if Blur could do it - because Damon had always said that he'd like to do it, they've tried to get Gorillaz once or twice but could never quite make it work. It was a shame Blur couldn't do it.

He continued, "I dunno how they're gonna do it... I think Damon plays piano and Graham plays guitar and they'll do a load of Blur songs and everyone has a great night.

"I wouldn't be adverse to getting up with them and playing Tender though - that being one of my favourite Blur songs."
It's something you wouldn't have imagined possible 15 years ago - something Noel acknowledged.

"What would I have said in '97? There would have been swear words involved. Definitely," he told Dan.

"We're all older now. I've been on tour with Graham recently and I've met Damon recently... we're all old dudes from the past."

Source: www.xfm.co.uk

1 comment

JBGeezer said...

How bout supersonic with graham on lead guitar?haha