Breaking News

Kevin Shields Suspects Liam Gallagher Was Protected By Officials














My Bloody Valentine frontman Kevin Shields suspects Liam Gallagher was 'protected' by the British Establishment during his cocaine-fuelled wildman years in the 1990s.

Shields, who reformed the cult Irish band in 2007 following a 10-year split, hit headlines in October (13) when he urged bosses at the U.K.'s secret service MI5 to open classified files from two decades ago.

He believes there was a secret government agenda to "push" the Britpop movement, with Oasis frontman Gallagher and his brother Noel as its figureheads, and now he has suggested singer Liam was deliberately left alone at the height of his fame on the insistence of the powers-that-be.

Referring to reports suggesting Shields believes Britpop was a "conspiracy", he tells Uncut magazine, "I didn't say that. I said I'd love to see the MI5 files, but I wasn't imagining the files said, 'We must invent Sleeper'. It was more I'd imagine them going, 'Leave Liam Gallagher alone'."

Source: hollywood.com

Check out the current collection from Pretty Green's AW13 collection here.

No comments