Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Says Oasis Were Doomed Long Before The Fight In Paris


Liam Gallagher has said that Oasis were doomed long before the fight in Paris that ended the band.

He told BBC Radio 6 Music “I smelt a rat before that [fight], man… I tell you when I smelt a rat, we’d done a gig on that last tour we done,” he claims. “We’d done a gig in Bridlington Spa [on 20 August 2009] and I smelt a little rat there when I overheard a conversation of, ‘Well you know, you got to do it or not, it’s now or never’ kind of thing with Noel and the manager. I’d walked into a room like that and they kind of shut up shop… I might have been paranoid but I thought: ‘He’s going to pull the plug at this last gig and go that’s it’, and obviously we had to do that gig in Paris. I don’t know, I just felt something… You know when you just know? Listen, I can go on forever about this, there is just no way that Oasis broke up after the Paris thing; it was pre-empted. It was planned to do that, you know what I mean? That’s the way I see it…”

Liam said it’s a shame Oasis are no more, and currently there’s no chance of a reunion, he insists fans shouldn’t despair completely.

“[The door] is shut cause we’re not speaking are we at the moment, but at the end of the day I’ve got an album out, he’s got an album out – the Gallagher brothers are doing some good stuff at the moment,” he declares. “If Oasis ain’t happening, the second best thing is two solo albums from us both!”

 Listen to The First Time With Liam Gallagher on BBC Radio 6 from 1pm (UK Time) Sunday 24th December.

No comments